Despite having a month to prepare for the Camino, I find myself with just 4 days until departure and many items left undone. Most important deficiencies are my Spanish (very rudimentary) and preparatory hike with loaded pack (initial hikes have helped me cull items from my packing list but haven't necessary turned me into a seasoned hiker). The 'before' picture of my hiking shoes follows. Let's see how they look a couple of months from now.
Any travel tips you'd like to share with me before I leave?
Less is more, when it comes to packing.
ReplyDeleteAlways good advice!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteA few good pairs of hiking socks and a pack of blister blockers (especially with a new pair of shoes). My “avid outdoors type” friends recommend Thorlos. (https://www.thorlo.com/activity/outdoor/hiking-socks)
ReplyDeleteThanks Ray. I'm still trying to delude myself into thinking that I won't get blisters. We will see…
DeleteIf you add a "Follow by Email" thingy to the blog then I can ... follow by email. Have a great adventure! I'm looking forward to reading the stories :)
ReplyDeleteGood idea Tim. Think I've added the 'Gadget' correctly. Nothing is as intuitive as I think it should be… which says a lot about me I'm afraid.
DeleteLesley, how exciting....have a wonderful time. How long will it take to complete?
ReplyDeleteBYOB.. BRING YOUR OWN BEDDING. Advice from a friend who did it recently.
ReplyDeleteGood advice Tracey! I have a little 'bedbug' repellant sack that I am hoping will do the trick. We shall see…
DeleteThis sounds awesome Lesley - not sure if you've read it before but when you're done you should read 'A walk in the woods' by Bill Bryson. It's a humorous account of his attempt at the Appalachian Trail. Enjoy your hike, what a great experience.
ReplyDeleteThanks Celso! I have read Bill Bryson but that that book. I might just download it right now and can read during my journey.
DeleteHoping you have a great adventure! Just be careful out there, all that time outside, you might get a tan!
ReplyDelete