Monday, 5 May 2014

Paris: wine, men and art


Besides the metro, the best value in Paris is wine.  It's about the only item that seems to be less expensive than in Canada & the quality is, of course, excellent. Corinne & I have been trying to rack up our savings by drinking as much as possible.

We also couldn't help but notice the French men & I've included two fine examples: one viewing the Eiffel Tower in the buff from Jardins du Trocadero & the other sunning in the gardens of the Musee Rodin ( which, by the way, I loved).



OK, yes they are statues which brings me to the incredible art in Paris  . We enjoyed visiting 2 galleries and a contemporary art show and although we didn't have time to visit the works inside The Louvre, the exterior of the building at sunset was a work of art itself. Photo below captures the reflection of The Louvre in a still pond with the corner of the famous glass pyramid.

Is there anything in Paris that isn't beautiful?


No comments:

Post a Comment