We've finished our first 3 days of walking & in addition to the fact that I've been absolutely exhausted every evening, we've not had good enough internet until today for me to make any posts. This one will need to be brief as we need to check out of our hotel shortly.
St. Jean Pied de Port was our starting point for the Camino & is a charming little village that manages to support the swarms of Camino pilgrims & numerous French vacationers without turning into a postcard and ice cream selling tourist trap. The old, walled city is a UNESCO heritage site and houses the pilgrims office where we received our 'credentials' that will be stamped in towns that we visit along our journey.
Alas, I am out of time now but will post this in case I need to wait several more days for a good connection.
In brief: we made it to Pamplona. The walk over the Pyrenees was brutal but incredibly beautiful as has been much if the scenery along the way.
We are off today by bus to Bilbao and I'll resume the walk in Pamplona on my own in 2 days.
Pictures follow of St Jean, Corinne & I on day 2 of the walk ( smiles or grimaces? You decide) and a beautiful bridge over the Rio Arga, one if many we crossed on day 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment